Can I Build My Own iRobot Roomba System?
You'd think that being able to buy a fantastic robotic vacuum cleaner for just a couple of hundred bucks would be a sweet enough deal, but now iRobot's sweetened the ante: their website includes an interactive tool that lets you build your own iRobot Roomba system right on the spot. Not only do you get to say goodbye to pushing that old vacuum cleaner around, you also get to build your own Roomba vacuum to your specifications.
As Unique As You Are
From the battery to the chassis, you get to make the choices on what you want your Roomba robotic vacuum cleaner to be like. In some cases the choices are a bit limited, but you've still got more wiggle-room than you would if you bought a Roomba "off the rack," so to speak. Let's walk through the process, shall we?
- Choose Your Chassis: You'll have an option of two chasses: the basic Roomba Red, or the classic Roomba Discovery. Sorry, no racing stripes yet, but nothing's stopping you from getting the appropriate iSkin for your personalized vacbot.
- Choose Your Battery: At the moment, you can only choose the Advanced Power System (APS) battery. However, this will likely change in the future.
- Choose Your Charging Option: You'll get the opportunity to select either the self-charging home base, or the APS fast charger. The latter's great for storing the Roomba away out of sight, or for getting it up off the floor.
- Choose Your Virtual Wall: Here, you've got two options: you can select one or more plain Virtual Wall Units or Virtual Wall Schedulers. The advantage of the latter is that you can set the Virtual Wall to work at a specific time, guiding your Roomba to the precise space you want it to clean.
- Choose Your Remote: iRobot offers two types of remote controls: the plain remote that sets your Roomba on its way and activates the various cleaning options, and a scheduling remote, which lets you set up to seven different cleaning times.
- Choose Your Replacement Brushes: At this stage, you can opt for either a basic Roomba Replenish Kit, with three replacement filters, one beater brush, one bristle brush and one side brush; or the Roomba Replacement Brush Kit, with three bristle brushes, one beater brush, and one side brush. You can also choose not to choose.
- Choose Your Replacement Filters: If you'd like to put some Roomba filters aside for when you need them later on, this is your chance to do it. You can also skip this option, if you like.
- Choose Your Storage Item: If you'd prefer to hang your Roomba up and out of the way, instead of in its floor charger, here's a chance to get a cool wall mount so you can put it away in a closet somewhere. This option works well with the APS fast charger option.
And there you have it! Once you've picked all your fine Roomba features, you're presented with a page where you can edit your choices. When you're happy with your choices, just click "Add to Cart," and you're ready to check out (this would be a great time to order those racing stripes). iRobot will put together your robot to your specs, and in a few days it'll be in the mail, on its way to you.
It doesn't get any better than this!
Top technology from iRobot® and Hammacher Schlemmer's lifetime guarantee -- it's a match made in heaven! When you purchase your Roomba Vacuum from Hammacher Schlemmer not only do you get the best product iRobot® has to offer -- you also get to take advantage of Hammacher Schlemmer's unconditional and unwavering promise -- their merchandise is guaranteed for life.
iRobot® Roomba Vacuums
It looks like iRobot® has cleaned house and is now only manufacturing the following floor cleaning robots (Models 780, 770, 760, 560 and 530). Narrowing the selection makes it so much easier to choose the model that will work best as it appears they have weeded out the models that people were having so many problems with -- which is a good thing! Only the best of the best are available for sale from our online merchant and they also offer an unconditonal lifetime warranty!
Roomba® Pet Series
Spend more quality time with your pet - while Roomba® does the cleaning for
you! The Pet Series was designed specifically for pet owners who are fighting the
war on pet hair, debris and pet dander. This little hair ball sucker covers 3 to 4
rooms on a single battery charge depending on what model you buy. It's large
debris bins, anti-tangle technology, and other pet friendly features will do the
vacuuming for you and your household of pets.
The Scooba® floor washing robot does it all: it preps by sucking up loose dirt and crumbs, washes, scrubs, and cleans up after itself, leaving the floor sparkling and dry -- and it does it all in one pass. One of the Scooba's best features is the fact that it'll scrub every spot on your floor an average of four times, ensuring a thorough cleaning. It even gets up beneath the edges of kitchen cabinets and under tables to clean where normal cleaning tools don't. It's the only mop you'll ever need!
The Ultimate Roomba Review Guide
"Up-To-Date Information on iRobot Products"
Review of the Roomba Scheduler
Click here often to see updated consumer reporting from a new user who has absolutely no previous experience with anything robotic! Read her humorous and honest account of her ongoing experiences with Roomba, iRobot Customer Care and much more.
A Message From The Editor
The Roomba Vac Is All That!
Buy a new Roomba vac and let robotic technology do the floor cleaning for you automatically. Click here for the best price on Roomba vacuum cleaners!
New review for HEPA type filter made by Robot Add Ons will help purify the air in your home for a cleaner, safer living environment! Works on all Roomba 500 series robots except robot SKUs 53601 and 55101.